Ask us – we’re here for you
We’re entrepreneurs who love talking small business. Here are some of the most common questions we receive about our small business training program. Don't see your question? Ask us here.
About our education for entrepreneurs
What makes GoForth Institute different from other small business education centres?
- Here are some ways GoForth Institute is different from what you may be used to:
1. Our education is delivered 100% online. This means no traveling, no schedule restrictions and low overhead (which means more savings for you).
2. Our program was developed by leading entrepreneurs in Canada – and the recipient of the country’s first PhD in Entrepreneurship.
3. Our instructors and all staff members are entrepreneurs too, so we understand what you’re going through.
4. We developed our education program based on what hundreds of successful Canadian entrepreneurs told us we should be teaching you.
5. We offer a comprehensive program, teaching you absolutely everything you need to know about running a small business – in just 10 hours.
6. We care about your ongoing success, so we’ve spent hours compiling entrepreneurial resources and research that’s free for you to use.
Do you have a campus or building where I can take lessons?
- GoForth Institute’s entrepreneur education is 100% online, delivered through streaming HD video modules. We believe in the power of technology to connect people no matter where they live. Our online education makes it possible for you to get small business training from anywhere in Canada – all you need is a computer and an internet connection!
What courses do you offer?
- We only offer one course – and it’s all you’ll need. In 30 video lessons and 10 hours, you’ll learn our 100 Essential Small Business SkillsTM, skills that 200 of Canada's greatest entrepreneurs told us they wish they’d known when they were starting out. From marketing to income tax to balance sheets to competitive analysis, our expert entrepreneur-instructors will teach you what you need to increase your odds of small business success.
I have a question about starting and running a small business. Can you answer it?
- Absolutely! We have a panel of small business experts who are helping entrepreneurs like you with the finer points of small business ownership. Visit our Ask a GoForth Expert page.
We also have several How-To Guides which answer all kinds of small business questions, from how to choose a name to how to hire your first employee to how to get a business license or permit.
Also check out our Business Calculators for relevant spreadsheets and calculators; our Templates and Checklists page; and our Entrepreneur Library for more in-depth small business topic discussions.
Can I network with other entrepreneurs through the site?
- We’re proud to host a community of like-minded entrepreneurs in our Ask an Expert forum. No matter whether you’re currently taking our program, have graduated or are only curious – join our discussion today!
Where can I find GoForth Institute in the social media world?
Why should I buy a Curriculum Book?
- The GoForth Institute Curriculum Book contains all the things you learn in the online video modules – and more. Included are in-depth examinations of all aspects of starting and running a small business, including an entrepreneurial self-assessment; location strategies; forms of business organization; ways to kick-start your creativity; break-even analysis; tips for great management; business plan templates and hundreds of pages of great tips and resources you can use. Worksheets for each section are included as well.
How do I buy a Curriculum Book?
- GoForth Institute Curriculum Books are available for purchase on our secure site here. It will be shipped to you in 3-5 business days.
Can I order the Curriculum Book after completing the program?
- Our Curriculum Book must be purchased at the same time as your purchase of the online video modules.
How do I get in touch with someone about an interview, quote or appearance?
- Visit our Media page for a press kit and media contact info.
About the online video modules
I purchased video modules but changed my mind. What is your refund policy?
- You have one year from your purchase date to complete all three views of each lesson. However, if you wish to cancel your GoForth Institute small business training, we will permit the transfer of your GoForth license to someone else. Call us and we’ll make that happen. Sorry, no refunds once you’ve started to watch the video lessons.
Who do I contact if I have technical problems with my videos?
- We’ve partnered with Jetslides to deliver our online video small business training. If you experience trouble with your videos at any time, you can call or email Jetslides’ tech support at 1 888 966 6984 or firstname.lastname@example.org with as many details as possible. They’ll get back to you within one business day.
Is my computer equipped to receive the streaming video modules?
- Here are the system requirements for viewing GoForth Institute’s streaming online video:
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 6 / Firefox 1.5 / Safari 1.0
- Adobe Flash: Flash 10
- Network: DSL or cable broadband connection (1 Mbps+)
- Sound: Soundcard with speaker or headphones
- Video: 64 MB video card
- RAM: 256 MB
- CPU: 1.8 Ghz
- OS: Windows XP or Mac OS X 10
How can I contact my instructor?
- You can email your instructor right from your video module screen – no need to open your own email program! In the bottom right of the video module page, there are three links: Info, Questions and Documents. Click the Questions link and fill in your name, email address and the question you have. Your instructor will get back to you within one business day with an answer.
How do I download slides and relevant documents?
- In the bottom right of the video webcast player, there are three links: Info, Questions and Documents. Click the Documents link and download worksheets or slide summaries there.
What if I can’t finish watching a video?
- You can watch each video three times for one year after you purchase, but a view isn’t counted until just before the end of the video. Before then, you can pause and restart as often as you need to.
Is your site secure to accept my payment?
- GoForth Institute’s website uses VeriSign SSL Gold for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.